We want to provide you with an excellent service, to do this please read out terms and conditions below.
- We shall provide gardening and other services as requested by the client and as described in our estimate. Growing Gardeners will choose the most suitable method and equipment for each job, and we shall communicate these with the Client at time of estimate.
- All work undertaken will be discussed and agreed prior to the start date and all work will be completed by Growing Gardeners unless otherwise agreed.
- The estimate price for work includes all labour and if agreed in estimate green waste disposal if required. Waste and disposal, including pricing, will be agreed before work commences.
- Any addition and/or alterations to the estimate shall be properly treated as variations and subject to verbal/written instructions and additional payments may be required to cover the agreed changes.
- The client shall provide access to site.
- If the work requires access to other areas (i.e. neighbours property) this is the responsibility of the client to be given permission for Growing Gardeners on the day the work commences.
- Growing Gardeners is not able to accept responsibility for any damage to (or cost involved with) any underground hazards, obstructions or services not made known to us in writing or apparent on visual inspection.
- It is very important and the sole responsibility of the Client to ensure we are made aware of any special/statutory bylaws/conditions/permissions that may be involved.
- Severe weather conditions, including rain and wind, may cause the delay of visits but this will not affect the original, agreed price. Growing Gardeners will inform the client at the earliest if weather or other unforeseen circumstances will cause the delay or prevention of work.
- Work not completed because of weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances will be rescheduled at a time agreed between both the client and Growing Gardeners.
- Growing Gardeners and the client will agree payment method before the work commences.
- An invoice will be sent by Growing Gardeners to the client after each visit or end of month if there are multiple visits per month, or as agreed before work commences.
- The client will be responsible for all payments to Growing Gardeners.
- We understand and will exercise our statutory right to claim interest and compensation for debt recovery costs under the late payment legislation if we are not paid according to agreed credit terms.
- Payment terms are 7 days from date the of invoice. Payment methods are cheque, BACS (Internet bank transfer) or cash.
- A receipt will be provided to the Client for all cash payments at moment of job completion.
- The term waste removal refers only to waste produced by Growing Gardeners. Where possible we encourage customers to have compost areas and/or green bins.
- If the client doesn’t want to include waste disposal the client must inform us of how/where they wish waste to be placed.
- We understand that customers grow accustomed to a staff member visiting their garden. Whilst we endeavour to send the same staff member each time, this is not always possible and cannot be guaranteed.
- Work undertaken by Growing Gardeners carries appropriate public liability insurance. Growing Gardeners is not liable for and accepts no responsibility for unavoidable damage or loss of any nature which is not caused by our negligence or by a breach of the Terms of our quotation.
- We work to a diary system, with all work being booked in a few days in advance – if you want to make any changes to your work please let us know as soon as possible.
- We can only remove waste which is the result of the work we have carried out.
- We try and offer AM or PM slots to carry out your work. If you would like a more specific time – we can only do our best to accommodate but we cannot guarantee it.
Health and Safety
- Health and Safety are paramount to us, where any concerns or risks are identified we will share these with you and ask for the correct measurements to be in place for all our staff and you before work commences. If Growing Gardeners begin a piece of work and identify risks not seen at the time of estimate we will contact the client and inform them of the action that needs to be taken before we can carry on.
- Our staff cannot undertake any work that requires them to climb higher than the ladders they carry on Growing Gardeners vehicles. Any work requiring additional height will be discussed and cost factored at the time of estimate.
- The removal of dog excrement or large amounts of litter from the site is the responsibility of the client.
- Growing Gardeners will inform the client if any environmental clean-up needs to take place first before work can commence. Growing Gardeners are not trained in environmental clean-up.
- Loud machinery is sometimes used to carry work. It is the clients responsibility to ensure that those who will be affected by it (e.g. neighbours) are informed. Please let us know of any times that would be inconvenient.
- Sometimes the work or machinery we use causes dust and smoke. We advise you to keep your windows closed if you feel this would impact you.
- We are sometimes asked to use controlled chemicals to kill weeds and promote growth. These are non-toxic, however please speak to the gardener before work commences to discuss your concerns.
- We sometimes use images to promote the work of Growing Gardeners and our social aims. These are shared on the internet (our website and social media). We never mention where the garden is or your name. However, if you object to this please let us know.
- In order to complete our work we record certain details in paper form and on our online/IT systems: name, address, telephone number, email address, work carried out, record of payments. You are within your right to see these at any time. We do not share information with any other party or organisation.
- We will arrange for all new customers and one-off services a detailed and comprehensive estimate of work.
- The estimate for each piece of work will be agreed between Growing Gardeners and the client before the work commences.
- All estimates are available for 14 days, after which time a new estimate may be required.
- Work is either quoted as a fixed price, or on a per worker, per hour basis and is an estimate only of the cost of the work required to complete a job. Every gardening job is different and the time involved may vary according to the complexity of each job. A final price may not be able to be given until the work is completed, although this quotation should give you a reasonable indication of the expected price. You will only be charged for the actual work done.
- We reserve the right to amend the initial quotation in consultation with you, should your original requirements change.
- If it is later found that the cost to complete the job is likely to exceed the estimate by 15% or more, you will be consulted before any additional work, beyond the quoted estimation price (plus 15%) is done.
- You may postpone or cancel scheduled works provided at least 24 hours’ notice is given by telephone prior to the agreed start time. We understand that life takes over sometimes and this may not always be possible. Where we have had to hire equipment for your work, we will charge a default fee of £50.
- You must ensure there is access to the property at on the appointed day. You are responsible for alerting our staff member of any specific requests or needs.
- Please note that once our staff have started work on your property, their time is being charged. To minimise the cost of the service to you we request that you help keep any distractions to a minimum.
- If for any reason you are not satisfied with the work provided by Growing Gardeners please contact us within 24 hours and we will be pleased to address your concerns to put it right. Once we have made all reasonable attempts to address outstanding issues, our account is then due as per our invoice.
- You accept that Growing Gardeners is a social enterprise and we offer trainee gardening positions. As such while working on your gardening projects our gardeners will also be training and offering support and supervision to our trainees. This time is at no cost to you, and the work will be carried our as per estimate.
Harassment & Bullying
- All employees of Growing Gardeners have the right to work without bullying and harassment. If you have any concerns about the service you are receiving please talk to the lead gardener in charge of your work, and if it can’t be resolved at this stage you may ask to speak to the Project Coodinator of Growing Gardeners to see if we can resolve.
Payment and Invoicing
- Growing Gardeners can accept cash, cheque, invoice or standing order (for regular seasonal and maintenance visits). You will receive a receipt for all cash payment. Invoices are payable with 14 days. At the end of the season we will send all standing order customers a breakdown of monies paid.