Our work is three-fold:
- To provide an affordable and quality garden service to members of the community.
- To provide educational gardening workshops and events to children and community groups.
- To provide opportunities for future employment opportunities for young people and others.
Are you in the position to help with Number 3?
We believe that employability is also about sharing knowledge, stories, skills, and possibilities. We are always keen to work with local employers who can transfer onto the people we work with what is possible. This could be on-site visits, coming to give talks, mentoring, offering up your time to share your experiences and skills.
Although we are in the ‘green’ and ‘gardening’ business, we know that some of the young people we work with on a daily basis may not be directly seeking a role in this area. It’s our job to prepare a young person for the world of work – team working, presentation, communication, resilience, goal setting, key skills – we are keen to work with employers who, like us, are able to work in partnership and see the potential in every person that passes our way.
You could support us by:
- Offering further job placement opportunities.
- Offering your time to come and give a talk/information session.
- Offering your time to mentor a young person.
- Sharing with us available opportunities.
- Working with us on a project.
- Asking your employees to volunteer and share skills.
Anything is possible, please get in touch if you can help on 0131 663 3432 or use the contact form.