We simply would not be able to do the work we do without the generous support, help, assistance from the community we serve: made up of individuals, organisations, funders, other local groups and businesses.
We believe a social enterprise such as ours cannot realise our vision and goals – growing lives, changing spaces – without the input of others. Together we make an impact. If you’re a business and would like to support us making a difference in the lives of young people – not just monetary – here are a few ways in which you can help:
- Hire us: do you have a green space or garden that requires maintenance, or perhaps a one-off project? We would love to tender for that piece of work.
- Donate and sponsor us: would you like to make a donation to Growing Gardeners? Do you have social aims that you would like to meet that involves the growing lives of young people or helping any individual realise their career potential? Can we talk? What can we do for you as you support us?
- Volunteer With Us/Corporate Days: do you have a programme in your work place that supports your employees to volunteer their time, and offer their experience? We would love to apply.
- Charity of the Year? Do you run something like this within your organisation? Can we apply for it? we would love to.
- Knowledge Share: Does your business – or the people within it – have skills, experience and knowledge that would benefit Growing Gardeners (it doesn’t need to just be about gardening, maybe you have marketing and business ideas). Can we talk?
- Fundraise: growing lives, changing spaces. Do you believe in young people? Would you like to offer another young person an opportunity with us? Please do get in touch.
- Wishlists: would you like to donate a piece of necessary equipment, tools, PPE or clothing to Growing Gardeners, please get in touch and also see how we can help you.
- Attend an event: we may have an event that you can bring in-house for your own staff.
- Fundraise for us: every penny helps. We would love to help you fundraise for us, even £2 can buy a pair of gardening gloves.
- Placements: do you think your business could help our trainees learn much needed transferable skills?
- Come and give a talk: if you are in the outdoor industry, many of our trainees want to work there too. We would love to invite you along for you to share your knowledge and experience.
To find out more please click on the links above, contact us, or call us on 0131 663 3432.