We are a social enterprise that is rooted in the community.
If you have a project or piece of work that requires support from Growing Gardeners, we would love to talk to you.
For 2017 – 2018 Growing Gardeners are looking to:
- Recruit volunteers to work with Growing Gardeners.
- Deliver 10 educational grow your own workshops and healthy eating to young people in schools and community groups.
- Support 12 young people to achieve accredited achievement awards.
- Deliver a youth gardening project to 10 young people.
- Work with two local (Midlothian) schools to improve their playground area.
- Offer 26 – 30 low or little cost garden tidy up to vulnerable Midlothian residents.
We currently are working on the following projects:
- Vogrie Country Park ‘A Place to Grow’ Project: Growing Gardeners is looking at bringing together many community groups to utilise this space. We are currently working with other local organisations and groups to make this space accessible to all for grow your own workshops.
- Open Days: we are committed to working with 12 young people (school leavers) this year, we will be running a series of open day events for any interested young person wishing to come on a work placement with us.
- Open Events and Workshops: we are working on devising a series of Winter Workshops for the local community and beyond.
If you would like further information on any of the above, please get in touch by completing our contact form.