Our mission is: growing lives, changing spaces.
As a social enterprise, we offer paid trainee gardener positions to unemployed young people and offer work experience placements for upcoming school leavers to help them build their skills, confidence, and efficacy to move on in life and find suitable and meaningful employment.
We also work with other local community groups, schools and charities to enhance their spaces and offer educational workshops and events.
To allow us to do this we offer a range of affordable gardening services to Midlothian residents and businesses.
The foundations holding our work – services, work with young people, community service, projects – are our core values. It’s the following values that are our highest priority in our work, and the base of all that we do, as a team we model and consult our core values in our daily activities.
Our Core Values
- We seek to engage and build relationships with the people that we serve: from the young people we support, children we offer workshops to, customers we deliver our services for or partnerships with other agencies and groups.
- We seek to be accessible, approachable, caring and understanding to all the people we serve and work for, including each other.
- We offer a range of affordable services that any resident can access, we will be open and transparent about what we can and cannot do.
- We strive to work in partnership with other local community groups on projects that will benefit the wider community.
- We will recognise the potential that we all have.
- We will encourage others to share their skills, resources, knowledge, and experience.
- We will recognise that everyone has the capacity to grow, change and develop: regardless of their past or current circumstance.
- We will continually work at giving exceptional service.
- We will recognise diversity and promote individuality.
- We will never claim to know something we don’t, so we can – if needed – learn it ourselves.
- We will – through the services we offer, and our belief that green space improves lives – help others to access this well-being.
- We believe learning is life-long.
- We value people and believe that everyone should be treated with professional integrity and respect: these are the values we breathe.
- We will find a way to communicate with each other, we will maintain confidentiality and honesty.
- We believe that in changing spaces and making gardens and green spaces accessible to all, benefits our health and well-being.
- We will remain open and transparent in all we do.
- We will be who we say we are, and remain open and honest in and outside our organisation.
- We will deliver what is in our capability and remain true to our word.
- We are clear about who we are and what we stand for: growing lives and changing spaces.
- We are committed to our long terms goals.
- We will change and grow as the need for our services changes and grows, but we won’t lose sight of what we stand for.
- To consistently work at helping others to realise and reach their full potential.
- To deliver superhero customer care and service – at all levels of Growing Gardeners.
- To make it easy for people to use their outdoor space.
We support and subscribe to the Social Enterprise Code